Texas Episcopal Service Corps members serve 40 hours per week in a non-profit host site. These host sites are carefully chosen to ensure a great partnership between TX-ESC, the host site, and the corps member. If your organization is interested in hosting a corps member from August 21, 2017 to July 13, 2018, please read the following criteria and requirements. A link to the application can be found at the bottom of this page.
Criteria and Requirements
- Be a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, church, school, or government agency operating in central Houston
- Be operational for at least two years with at least one full-time staff member and the capacity to host a fellow
- Have a clear vision for the fellow’s position
- Provide an engaging and clear job description for the fellow that includes organizational tasks as well as support work for social justice
- Provide weekly supervision and support for the fellow, remembering that first and foremost, this is a year for the fellow to grow as an individual and employee
- We ask our partners to commit an annual amount of $20,000 toward the cost of a fellow. This amount goes toward the intern’s housing, monthly stipend, health insurance, food, and program expenses. Does your organization’s budget allow for such a cost? If not, how much could your organization commit annually? Texas Episcopal Service Corps may be able to work with you to acquire the necessary funds or make other arrangements that might help offset this cost for your first program year.
- A full-time corps member for 35-40 hours per week
- Corps members are trained in leadership development through bi-weekly meetings and fall and spring weekend retreats
- Mid-year and end-of-year corps member evaluations in conjunction with the host site supervisor
- All administrative duties: stipends, health insurance, HR paperwork, and training
If you have any further questions or if your organization is interested in hosting a corps member, please complete the host-site application, the link for which can be found below. For more information, contact Nick Puccio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for host site applications is April 1.
Host site applications can be found here.